Skip to main content

Ugh, the good, bad, and ugly.

Good and Bad.

I love doing Hairspray and because of the Casts openess and acceptance of me doing neb treatments in front of them, I 've been staying way healthier than I usually do during plays. So no clue why this happens to me once in a while, but I kinda noticed how my legs were sore all day yesterday. Then as the night progressed I was even more sore. I kept thinking, oh its just from all the dancing. So between, being sore and finding out my good friend, Laura (with CF) is back in the hospital, I wasn't as cheery as normal. BUT, the Cast of Hairspray always knows how to put a smile on my face and I still had a FANTASTIC time last night.

Sore from dancing, I wish.

Nope. I woke up this morning barely able to move. I feel like a Mummy when this happens to me!! I also tend to get a fever and pink spots and swelling in my legs (as it gets worse). This happens to me once in a while. I will be so sore that moving makes me cringe or cry. When I was 12 I remember my dad carrying me everywhere.  Right now, its not too bad and I hope it stays that way all through my peformance tonight.

I want to blog about all the aspects my CF affects my life. And unfortunately, this is one of them.

In college, I had some awesome roommates that would help me out (Stacey, THANK YOU)! The last time I had a flare up was last fall and I realized how fortunate I was to have roommates and family always living with me up until this point. Last time, I didn't even want to get up to make my meds/ do my meds.

This time I have to do everything to keep my health at its top. I always give 100% during a performance and I can't do it that if I'm not keeping up with Meds.

What makes this happen to me?
Doctors aren't really sure, they think it has something to do with the liver not properly working and an excess of bacteria building up and crystalizing in the joints. The fever shows I have a bacteria my body's fighting and this is how my body reponds. I usually just wait it out.

If the spots show up later, I will take pictures for Dr. B, cuz he wants to see them (ha, and I can't go all the way to Chicago today).

We'll see what happens. I'm hoping that it just goes away, or postpones itself a few days. Sometimes it only lasts a day or two and sometimes 5 days. I'm hoping this is a 1 day thing! :-)

I will keep you all updated.

Comments

  1. I appreciate your telling it like it is with your experience including the not so fun stuff like pain. Will be sending you good vibes for your performance tonight and crossing my fingers this is one of the 1-day sessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yeah, the point of the site was to be honest about what its like for me to have CF. Ps. your vibes worked. I was only a little stiff and not much pain at all today; I performed at my full 100%!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh

5K. I could cry. Beyond Annoyed.

My 5K I paid my registartion fee weeks ago, have been training and I'm ready for the 5K. However, I didn't get to run my 5K today. Why? Because Cystic Fibrosis decided to one up me. I got my spots back friday, and they just got worse and worse. They look like this: They take over my feet, and sometimes my calves. I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had them during the last few performances of Hairspray. I call it the "Mummy disease" because when it happens my joints freeze up and I can't move. So the morning of my 5K I wake up and they are on my thighs...     and on my arms. This is the worst they have been in years. I took pictures to show Dr. B at my clinic on the 11th.  I'm just really bummed and upset about my weekend! I was supposed to run my first 5K!!!!! I then had a bags tournament in Peoria for the Dream Factory, and was then going to head to Champaign for Sat night- Monday! My friend Alex, reserved me a ticket for Ren

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers