Skip to main content

Devoured Bdubs, effective meds, & pics!

Craft Show & Some Bdubs!

 Yesterday, was my mom's craft show. She has such cute crocheted products (Hats, Scarves, Earwarmers, Beards, Toys, Purses, etc) that I was soo excited to see how she would do selling her stuff. It was in Naperville, IL. Andrew and I met mom and dad there. It was a great day. Andrew wore one of the crocheted beards mom was selling and walked around in it. AND a couple people came by and said "Oh, this is where the beards are, I saw somebody wearing one earlier" (people love them, they sell quick too for $5).  He's such a good sport!

(Here is what mom's cubicle/booth looked like.) The stacking bins really help organize stuff by size!


Overall, it was a great show and so much fun! (Below is a close up of mom's Hat Bins!) Love her hats!!!  





 However, my stomach hurt really bad for a chunk of the morning (thanks to Colon issues: read my last post about my Colon issues here!)



We spent the day helping mom at her booth and she did great! She sold a lot of stuff, and made more than enough money for the booth deposit, gas (drive to/from show), food we bought, and the other products she bought (like the beautiful wreath she got). A couple of my friends who live in Naperville stopped by to visit too! Andrew, my friend Ryan, and I got to visit my friends' Rebekah n Michael's new home they bought this year! Then Andrew and I hung out with Ryan and went shopping. And of course we went to bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) for dinner! I got my favorite "The Ultimate Nachos" I devoured them! I seriously scarfed them down!

(Here I am at Bdubs, after I finished off my nachos, about to lick it clean...LOL kidding...)

We got home just in time for me to do my daily diary (an electronic diary I have to do as part of the Clinical trial). I'm sooo glad I started doing the clinical trial, since I started I have been 100% compliant (research is important to me)!! I've been really paying attention to my breathing while  doing my treatmens!  

 Making sure I breathing through my mouth and not my nose, breathing deeply and thinking about my breathing, and not blocking off the mouthpiece with my tongue. Those are all bad habbits I need to break to do really effective treatments! And since I've started the Clinical Trial I've been paying close attention to my therapies, and I have noticed A DIFFERENCE! I'm having way more productive coughs and less wheezing! Can't wait to see what a difference it will make over the course of the 7 months Clinical Trial! Hopefully, I stay healthy, don't get released from the study  and it goes smoothly! At least smoother than my Evaluation for the Trial ( read about the Mess of an Evaluation here in this past blog!

If my breathing keeps getting better, and I keep walking/ eventually start jogging again, then I will definetly be joining my friend Stacey, for a 5K in the early spring! Also, I'm hoping to do 2 5ks next year, along with the Chicago CF Climb! I couldn't do the climb this year, but Andrew did it ( look at pics and read about it here in the past blog! I'm so proud of Andrew!!!)


So here is to looking forward to a more compliant year with meds and more exercise and lots of positive benefits! :-)

More updates on school tuition reimbursement and Laura's waiting for lungs coming in a few days!






Comments

  1. AWESOME compliance you know how much that means to me. Did you get a chance to read my blog about effective airway treatments? Keep up the compliance cyster:)

    http://livingmydreamswithcf.blogspot.com/2013/10/effective-airway-treatment-clamp-motto.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you posted the link to the Effective Treatment Blog. It is really important for all CFers to think about their nebs! And hopefully I can keep the compliance up :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh

5K. I could cry. Beyond Annoyed.

My 5K I paid my registartion fee weeks ago, have been training and I'm ready for the 5K. However, I didn't get to run my 5K today. Why? Because Cystic Fibrosis decided to one up me. I got my spots back friday, and they just got worse and worse. They look like this: They take over my feet, and sometimes my calves. I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had them during the last few performances of Hairspray. I call it the "Mummy disease" because when it happens my joints freeze up and I can't move. So the morning of my 5K I wake up and they are on my thighs...     and on my arms. This is the worst they have been in years. I took pictures to show Dr. B at my clinic on the 11th.  I'm just really bummed and upset about my weekend! I was supposed to run my first 5K!!!!! I then had a bags tournament in Peoria for the Dream Factory, and was then going to head to Champaign for Sat night- Monday! My friend Alex, reserved me a ticket for Ren

Exercise is VITAL to my HEALTH!

One big promise I have struggled with in past, present, and probably future is to EXERCISE! I know a lot of people struggle with the same problem, regardless is they have CF. We are too good at making excuses for ourselves. I don't have time, I don't feel good, I will start next week. I was on the right track in 2012. I was doing musicals, where I was singing or dancing every night. AND I was coming home to walk or jog almost 5x a week! I started slow and added more distance as I could. I would walk 2x a week with a friend. This is where I focused on distance & length, not speed. Then on the opposite nights, I would jog as much as I could, walk catch breath, and repeat. I had more muscle, was eating more, gaining weight, and my lung function was the highest it had ever been! 60 - 64% <--- WOW! I was single, didn't have a TV (on purpose) and kept myself accountable through my blog & friend (w CF) Laura. Since then a lot has changed. Living with another pers