Skip to main content

My CF CHALLENGE

CF CHALLENGE!

I have signed up for 3 Greatstrides Walks this year!! I usually bring a couple friends to two of the walks. But, one is very local this year!

There is a walk only 15 mins away (next closest is an hour), so this is very exciting!

I'm really trying to keep on top of doing all my meds. These past few days I have missed some, but overall still doing well.

HOWEVER, I wanted to add some motivation I couldn't resist! Fundraising for the CF Foundation, for researching for a cure, etc.

SO, I proposed this challenge:

For every $100 my team or I raise for my walks (any of them) I will do a full weeks worth of meds! (this includes at least 2 cans of feeding a night and all 10 nebulizers everyday!)

(and if we had coporate or large sponsors/donations those count too)

Last year my team raised $1,200 at one walk and $75 at my smaller one. If we only raised that much this year I would have to do all my meds for roughly 3 months!

We started fundraising and registering for the Walk (June 1, 2013) last week! We have raised $300 so far! :-) I hope that my health will motivate my team to fundraise as much as their contributions will motivate me to be healthy!

PLUS at the end of the year maybe we can see a difference in my Clinic/ Tests Results!!!!!!

To donate or register with my team for our Hollowayville Walk (our main one this year) click HERE!

I also started a Facebook Event: click HERE to read the info!

And of course, a pciture of my team from last year's Peoria Walk! Thanks everyone for donating, helping, and walking- It really means a lot! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning of the Year Troubles

Normal "beginning of the year" troubles for Andrew and I only really consist of one topic: Our Deductible [please no Obama, or government bashing] I've always had high deductibles ALL MY LIFE (no matter who was president). The problem is I hit my deductible within the first week of January. In the past I have always prepared for this and since I was still on my father's insurance (up until last year) he typically paid the bill (at least for medical stuff). And in the future Andrew & I won't have such an issue with this. We will be able to save and plan ahead for the $3,000 (for my deductible, his is another $3,000). However, this year was more difficult. We saved all 2013-2014 for our wedding & honeymoon, plus had our deductible saved too. But Real Estate was a pricey career to start, I've put almost $5,000 into it (classes, dues, licensing, exam, advertising, etc). So needless to say our deductible disappeared, thanks to my new career. Wh

5K. I could cry. Beyond Annoyed.

My 5K I paid my registartion fee weeks ago, have been training and I'm ready for the 5K. However, I didn't get to run my 5K today. Why? Because Cystic Fibrosis decided to one up me. I got my spots back friday, and they just got worse and worse. They look like this: They take over my feet, and sometimes my calves. I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had them during the last few performances of Hairspray. I call it the "Mummy disease" because when it happens my joints freeze up and I can't move. So the morning of my 5K I wake up and they are on my thighs...     and on my arms. This is the worst they have been in years. I took pictures to show Dr. B at my clinic on the 11th.  I'm just really bummed and upset about my weekend! I was supposed to run my first 5K!!!!! I then had a bags tournament in Peoria for the Dream Factory, and was then going to head to Champaign for Sat night- Monday! My friend Alex, reserved me a ticket for Ren

No Holiday Blues, just Tummy Troubles!

Stomach Issues, Gee, Wonder Why: Let me start by stating that, I take a lot of pills. Its not a big deal and all of them are very important. I take vitamins, oral antibiotics, some oral steriods, pills for acid reflux, pills for arthritis, and then enzymes every time I eat.  But lots of people don't realize how crucial those pills are to me (well, to us CFers) I take 5-6 enzymes with meals and 3-4 with snacks (so 30 enzymes, and 10 other random pills a day). I have been good about taking them. I hate that Cystic Fibrosis affects my digestive system so much. If I can't digest anything, I won't have the nutrients I need to keep healthy, or be able to digest the food to keep weight on. Over the years, the enzymes have gotten better and help us absorb more. I've been on Pancreas, Creon, and now have been on Zenpep for the last couples years. I love my Zenpep ( read the RX list for Zenpep here ) However, the enzymes weren't effective enough when I was little t